Biscuits like they used to be. The kids will love these, especially if they help you to make them in the first place. These biscuits have a lovely consistency. Warning: they do tend to go very fast indeed.
- 140 g salted butter
- 280 g self-raising flour
- 140 g caster sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 55 g raisins
- 1 medium egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C, gas mark 5.
- Rub the cold butter into the flour.
- Add the sugar, lemon zest and raisins mix well, then add the beaten egg and bring it together gently.
- Roll out to ½cm thick, cut out with an 8cm diameter plain cutter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked.
- Remove from the oven, cool, then remove from the tray.
- Store in an airtight container, and don't eat them all at once.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket