- 500 g minced turkey, leg meat is better I believe
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp Hellmans mayo
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- ½ medium egg white, lightly beaten
- ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp tin sweetcorn drained, heaped and well drained
- 5 tbsp natural dried breadcrumbs
- Place the turkey, mayo, basil, Worcester sauce and egg white together into a bowl.
- Mix really well, then add the seasonings, sweetcorn and bread crumbs and mix well again.
- Leave to chill for 30 minutes, so the mixture can tighten once the breadcrumbs reconstitute themselves.
- Mould into 4 or 6 balls, then flatten slightly into small patties, then re-chill.
- Lightly spray the patties with a little olive oil (I use a plant mister filled with oil), then spray the bars quickly before you cook the burgers. This will stop them from sticking.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn 90 degrees. This will give you the criss-cross effect. Cook again for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Serve in a soft tortilla wrap with a little chopped Iceberg lettuce, sliced ripe tomato and a spoonful or two of mango yoghurt mint dressing.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket