- 500 g minced turkey
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp shop bought mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1.5 medium egg white, lightly beaten
- 150 g Gruyère cheese, cut into small slices
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
For the Relish
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 0.5 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 0.5 small red chilli, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander, chopped
- juice 1 large lime
- 02-Mar tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- Place the turkey, mayo, basil, Worcester sauce and egg white together into a bowl.
- Mix really well, then add the seasonings, and bread crumbs and mix well again.
- Leave to chill for 30 minutes, so the mixture can tighten once the breadcrumbs reconstitute themselves.
- Mould into 4 or 6 balls, then flatten slightly into small patties, then place a small piece of cheese in the centre and reform into a ball and flatten.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the burgers and cook for a couple of minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Make up the relish and serve with the burgers.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket