Turkey is not just for Christmas, it's delicious to eat any time.
- 2 vegetable oil (plus extra for greasing)
- 2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 10 g vegetable stock cube
- 0.25 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 350 g minced turkey
- 8 small pliable corn tortillas
- 200 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 150 ml sour cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas mark 6, or the grill on its highest setting. Grease a baking dish with a little oil.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over a low heat and cook the onions and garlic for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 200ml of cold water, the stock cube, chilli powder, oregano and mince to the pan. Mix really well then simmer for 15 minutes. Once thickened, season well with salt. Set half the turkey mixture aside.
- Place a little of the turkey and cheese into each tortilla . Roll up and place in the prepared baking dish, The tighter you can pack them in the dish, the better.
- Spoon over the rest of the mince and the remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes to brown, or quickly brown under the grill. Serve with soured cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket