Probably my favourite potato dish, apart from a steaming bowl of freshly dug, boiled new potatoes smothered in fresh mint butter.
- 4 large jacket potatoes, warm, cut in half and scored
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
For the topping
- 220 g gorgonzola
- 150 g walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 small red onions, finely chopped and cooked for 10 minutes to soften
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- Preheat the grill to a high.
- Season the halved potatoes really well.
- Heat a large frying pan, add a little olive oil add the potatoes cut side down, and cook for 10 minutes to take a really nice colour.
- Meanwhile, mix the cheese, nuts, basil, egg yolks, breadcrumbs and cooked onion together.
- Once the spuds are cooked, turn them over, spoon over the cheese and mix evenly over the 8 halves.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes to half melt the cheese.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket