Keep your hands and belly warm with this delicious jacket potato.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 Cumberland sausages, chopped into very small pieces
- 150 g frozen peas, cooked
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g finely grated mature cheddar cheese, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220C, Gas 7.
- Wash the potatoes well, make a thin incision around the potatoes.
- Place in the oven, cook for 1 hour or until soft and with crunchy skins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan add the onions and sausage. Cook over a low to soften.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut them in half lengthways. Spoon the hot potato into a bowl. Keep the skins intact.
- Add the onions, sausage and peas to the potatoes, add a little salt and pepper and mix carefully, do not puree.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells piling nice and high.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop under a hot grill to glaze nicely.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket