- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Pre heat the oven to 220C, Gas 7.
- Wash the potatoes, cook for 1 hour or until soft and with crunchy skins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan cook the onions and garlic over low heat to soften.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, cut in half lengthways and spoon the hot potato into a bowl. Keep the skins intact.
- Add the onions and garlic to the potatoes with a little salt and pepper, mix carefully, do not puree.
- Spoon the mixture back into the shells piling nice and high.
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and then return to the oven or grill until lightly browned.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket