- 8 good quality pork sausages
For perfect mash potatoes
- 500 g raw peeled potatoes, gently cooked until soft and mashed with a masher or ricer
- 75 g melted unsalted butter
- 150 approx warm milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- pinch ground nutmeg
For the posh onion gravy
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 glasses red wine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 strong beef stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
To make the mashed potato
- Place the warm mash into a bowl with the milk and butter, stir well.
- Finally, add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- You may need to add a little more milk to make a smooth but not runny mash. Cover and keep warm.
For the Posh Onion Gravy
- Heat the oil, add the onions and cook for 15 minutes to soften
- Add the wine and thyme cook down until almost evaporated
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the stock jelly and cook gently for 20 minutes or until cooked and thickened
- Season well with salt and pepper, serve
For the sausages
- Preheat a grill, oven or frying pan and cook the sausages well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket