- 150 g haddock fillet
- 200 g salmon fillet
- 8 freshwater prawns, shelled and roughly chopped
- 568 ml full fat milk
- 10 g fish stock cube
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 white button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 100 g sweetcorn, well drained
- 100 g cooked peas
- 2 medium hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 600 g cooked and warm mashed potatoes (made from 1kg raw potato)
- 200 ml milk, roughly
- 50 g salted butter
- 150 g pepperdew peppers, finely chopped
- 150 g dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
Optional Extra Toppings
- Red Leicester cheese, roughly grated
- 150 g sunblush tomatoes, chopped
- Place the haddock and salmon into a saucepan, add the milk and crumbled stock cube and bring to a boil.
- Remove and leave for 5 minutes, do not overcook.
- Once cooked, drain well in a colander and keep the milk.
- Meanwhile, heat the 5 tbsp olive oil and cook the onions, garlic and mushrooms for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Once softened, add the flour and mustard and mix well.
- Add all the milk to the saucepan and stir over low heat until the mixture thickens and boils. It needs to be fairly thick.
- Then remove from the heat and add the flaked cooked haddock, prawns, sweetcorn, peas, chopped boiled eggs, dill and parsley.
- Season really well and carefully bring together, trying not to break up the fish.
- Spoon into a 25x 15 x 4cm deep baking dish.
- Make up the mashed potatoes adding the butter and peppers, then spoon over the cooked fish mixture (it's best to let the fish cool slightly, then the potato will spoon over perfectly)
- Finally, top with the breadcrumbs and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes to brown well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket