- 8 rings canned pineapple, drained really well
- 200 g caster sugar
- 8 heads fresh lavender
- 3 medium free-range eggs, room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 125 g melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 180C Gas4
- Place the 200g sugar into a medium-sized non-stick frying pan, add a little water and cook over moderate heat to melt the sugar. It will turn to a light caramel.
- Carefully pour the caramel into a 28cm x 24cm non-stick baking tray, spread evenly, and then leave to cool.
- Once cooled, place the pineapple rings onto the cooled caramel, then fill the centres with the picked lavender.
- Place the eggs and sugar together and whisk until light ribbon stage.
- Add the flour and then the melted butter and mix gently.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and lavender.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown and well risen.
- Once out of the oven, leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out carefully.
- Eat warm with ice cream or créme fraîche or both.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket