Warm your winter cockles with this classic dish.
- 8 clementines, peeled, left whole
- 50 g caster sugar
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 125 g self raising flour
- 125 g melted unsalted butter
- 150 g soft gingerbread, finely chopped
- 50 milk
- finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 salt
For the Syrup
- juice of 3 large lemons
- 100 g icing sugar
- Cut the clementine's in half and place uncut side down into the hot caramel.
- Place the eggs and sugar together and whisk until light ribbon stage.
- Add the flour and then the melted butter and mix gently.
- Carefully fold in the gingerbread, milk, lemon zest and salt
- Pour the batter over the bubbling caramel and clementines.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown and well risen.
- Turn out immediately.
- To make the syrup, boil the lemon juice and water together for 1 minute.
- Pour over the cake when still warm.
- Serve warm with ice cream or créme fraîche
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket