Nice simple recipe, easy to make and tastes lovely. It will cook perfectly in the cooling embers in a Dutch oven or BBQ.
- 500 g fresh raspberries
- 350 g self-raising flour
- 100 g soft salted butter
- 120 g caster sugar
- 120 g Golden syrup
- 250 mls coconut milk
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Lightly grease or oil 2 x 22cm x 15cm x 3cm deep disposable BBQ foil trays, then line with baking parchment.
- Place the flour and butter into a bowl and rub together; it doesn’t have to be thoroughly rubbed in.
- Stir in the sugar, Golden syrup, coconut milk and egg, and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared cases, then top with half the raspberries.
- Bake in a preheated Dutch oven, place the lid on and cover with hot ember for about 20-30 minutes or until well risen.
- Then add the second tray and cook again.
- Remove the tray carefully and serve with the rest of the raspberries and clotted cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket