Phil takes the challenge and creates some interesting recipes on the spot from ingredients brought in by celebrity guests.
- 425 g can pilchards in brine, drained
- 8 slices white bread
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 215 g Borlotti beans, (half can) well drained
- strained brine from the can above
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- dash vinegar
- 50 g unsalted butter
- Place the brine, onion, garlic, pepper, and vinegar into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce by half, add the butter, reboil and remove from the heat, stir until all the butter has homogenised, add the beans and warm through, and keep warm.
- Roll out the bread with a rolling pin.
- Place a pilchard onto each piece of bread and roll up, trim the ends, press down slightly.
- Heat the olive oil, then dust the rolls with a little pepper.
- Cook gently for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the warm pilchards on a nice spoon of stew.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket