The oven, tray and oil are very hot to get the initial lift. The result is a very light, fluffy pud that is cooked through. It will not be as high as a normal Yorkie but pretty close. I use a 12-hole muffin tin but only fill them half full or just under, as this allows them to rise and hold their shape.
- 4 medium free-range eggs, at room temp
- 568 ml milk
- 225 g plain flour
- pinch salt
For the Filling
- 225 g clotted cream
- Jar Little Scarlet strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas 6.
- Into a bowl, place the flour, eggs and ½ the milk and mix to a smooth batter, then add the rest of the milk - do not season until you are ready to cook.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to each muffin tin and pop it into the oven on a baking tray.
- After 10 minutes, remove the Yorkshire pudding tin from the oven.
- Pour the Yorkshire pudding batter into the preheated tin and immediately return to the oven, cook for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the heat to 180C, Gas 4.
- Cook the Yorkshire pudding until well risen and golden brown, around 40 minutes; when you think they are ready, allow up to 10 more minutes.
- Cook as above, then allow to cool slightly.
- Fill the base with cream and then top with jam.
- Dust well with icing sugar and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket