- 4 chicken thighs, bone in and skin off
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium leek washed well and finely chopped
- 200 g white button mushrooms, washed well sliced
- 700 ml water, roughly
- 300 ml milk
- 2 chicken oxo cubes
- ground pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 35 g salted soft butter
- 30 g plain flour
- Place the onions, leeks, mushrooms, water, milk, oxo cubes, and chicken thighs into a saucepan season with a little salt and pepper, bring to a simmer, and then cook for 20 minutes.
- Add a dash of pepper and salt and bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooked thighs and the bone, then chop the chicken into very small pieces.
- Place the stock back onto the stove, whisk in the softened flour and butter, and bring to a simmer to thicken.
- Once thickened, liquidise until you have a fine puree, then place back into a saucepan along with the cooked chicken pieces, reheat and season if needed.
- Cream can be added as an optional extra.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket