- 50 g pinenuts
- 80 ml sunflower oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- pinch ground black pepper
- 70 g fresh watercress
- 30 g rocket
- 30-50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch red chilli flakes
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ Gas 6.
- Place the pinenuts on a tray and bake until lightly browned but not burnt, and leave to cool.
- This will increase the flavour of the pinenuts.
- Place the shallots, garlic, pepper, watercress, cheese, chilli and salt into a food processor.
- Add half the oil and blitz until fairly smooth.
- Gradually add the oil until you have a thickish sauce. Then, carefully add more oil until you get the right consistency.
- Spoon into a bowl, taste and adjust with salt and pepper. A squeeze or two of lemon brings out the flavour and helps keep the colour.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket