A crisp, light salsa goes with most BBQ meats or fish. If you can chill for a couple of hours than all the better.
- 0.5 small watermelon small chunks, skin and seeds removed
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- finely zest juice 2 large limes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the watermelon, onion, chilli, coriander and mint together into a bowl and mix really well.
- In a separate bowl. Mix the vinegar, sugar, lime juice, zest, salt and pepper.
- Mix the two together chill for an hour.
- After that taste, and adjust if needed with salt and pepper, the sugar and vinegar balance may need tweaking slightly.
- Serve well chilled.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket