Have a freaky Halloween with these spell-binding witches hat cupcakes. Eye of toad and tail of rat optional.
- 115 g soft salted butter
- 115 g caster sugar
- pinch vanilla powder
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 115 g self raising flour
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 55 g chopped bitter chocolate
- 12 chocolate ice cream cones
- 200 g melted dark chocolate
- ready to roll green icing
- ready to roll yellow icing
- 300 g soft salted butter
- 150 g icing sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C, Gas 6.
- Beat the soft butter and caster sugar together until thick and creamy.
- Add the eggs slowly until incorporated, finally add the vanilla powder, flour, cocoa and chopped chocolate. Do not over work the mixture.
- Line a patty tin with 12 foil baking cases, then pipe in the chocolate mixture, making sure you leave a small indentation in the middle so the buns rise evenly.
- Take care to only fill up the cases no more than 1/4 to a 1/3rd full, this is to make sure that you end up with enough space on top of the cooked bun to take the icing.
- Bake in the pre heated oven until well risen, and firm to the touch. This will take about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water and dip the top of each cone in chocolate then place on baking parchment and chill well.
- Carefully beat the butter and sieved icing sugar together, then using a large fluted nozzle pipe a large rosette of butter cream right to the edge of the cupcake.
- Top with the chilled cones.
- Put a strip of green ready to roll icing for a belt around the chocolate base then add a small square of yellow ready to roll icing to create a buckle.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket