I have always loved the forced rhubarb you get in early January. Its subtle flavour and bright pink colour are a real treat in the depths of winter. Having spent time with Janet Oldroyd Hulme in Yorkshire, one of our biggest rhubarb growers, I really appreciate the effort that goes into producing such a uniquely British ingredient. Pay homage to one of our island's finest ingredients with this simple, delicious dessert.
- 675 g new season rhubarb, washed and cut into 2.5 cm (1
- 85 g caster sugar
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml carton double cream
- 170 g tube Carnation Condensed Milk
- 150 g natural thick Greek yoghurt
- Cook the rhubarb in a stainless steel or non-stick saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice and 1 tsp vanilla extract until the rhubarb is softened, thick and pulpy.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together the cream, condensed milk and remaining vanilla to form soft peaks. Next, fold in the Greek yogurt.
- Gently ripple the cooled rhubarb into the cream, making swirls of bright pink rhubarb in the creamy mixture. Delicious.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket